"Glass Notes" by Henry Halem
Henry Halem has been involved in making and teaching glass since 1968. He also helped found the Glass Art Society and served as their first president. He was made a Fellow of The American Crafts Council in 1994 and received the Presidents Medal from Kent State University in 1998 for his contributions to the arts.
Henry built and maintained a major glass facility at Kent State University for 29 years. His experience makes him eminently qualified to write "Glass Notes" and pass on some of the "tricks of the trade".
The new 4th edition (copyright 2006) is completely updated, fully illustrated, and includes many new additions!
Glass Notes, 4th Ed.
(out of print)
- Introduction to Batching
- Glory Holes
- General Information
- Letters to Dr. Glass
Glass Notes, 4th Edition
| Glass Notes, 4th Edition
|| (out of print)
We still have some copies of the 3rd Edition. While supplies last.
Glass Notes, 3rd Ed.
- Building a day tank
- Building invested and free standing pot furnaces
- Estimating furnace Btu's
- Building annealers
- Digital controllers
- How to build a Glory Hole, fiber or brick
- Heat flow charts that calculate cold face temperatures
- How to maintain your crucible
- What type of adhesive to use and where to buy it
- Descriptions and diagrams on kiln casting and sand casting
- Czech casting techniques
- Klaus Moje kiln casting technique revealed
- Colorants for cullet and batch
- Batching your own glass
- And much more
Glass Notes, 3rd Edition
| Glass Notes, 3rd Edition